Technology Intelligence Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Description: As we well know our engagement with others these days is more virtual and more dependent on technology! As youth development professionals we have to be up to speed on how to best use technology to connect with our youth and families. To help us build the skills and develop our “technology intelligence”, Connect Detroit in partnership with Accelerate4KIDS™ is pleased to bring you this learning opportunity.
Join us for a hands-on experience to understand how to use technology to accomplish your program goals. The workshop will help identify best practices, types of instructional technology, framework for teaching youth, and other online application and technology resources.
In this session you will learn how to apply the lessons immediately within your program. Attendees will walk away with a toolkit of resources, best practices and further readings.
Workshop Topics Include:
- Understanding how technology can drive productivity
- Understanding types of instructional technology
- Framework for teaching youth with technology
- Best practices for using technology to teach
- How to effectively use open source software like Google Drive
Two dates are available:
- Thursday, October 8th from 10:00am - 11:30am
- Thursday, November 12th from 10:00am – 11:30am
Space is limited. RSVP today!
Fee: FREE (limited space)
Grades: 18+ yo (professionals)
Date: Oct 18 or Nov 12
Time: 10am - 11:30am
Location: Virtual Class